Saturday, March 19, 2016
We have been working on plants for many weeks. I started my unit with plant structures and functions. We completed the celery lab and learned about how water travels to the leaves.
We did a lab using Cheetos. The kids got to pollinate their friends' flowers using the cheese that stuck to their fingers.
Sunday, March 13, 2016
We learned about physical adaptations. The kids tested ice water with bare hands and then used the blubber gloves.
We had six birds with different beaks. Each group was assigned one tool that represented the beak. Every student in the group had 30 seconds to gather food. The group had to find the average and record the data.
We reported and recorded group results. My students also had a beak sketch page.
Here is the class results. We used the data to determine the best habitat for the bird.